Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Annotated Bibliography

Annotated Bibliography
 Roles of a Kenyan nurse have always been an interest to me. So since I am in a nursing major, researching the roles of Kenyan nurses has been my first priority. My search started by logging onto EBSCO databases. I typed in the words “what are the roles of a Kenyan nurse?” It provided me with different types of articles like the first article that I chose was “Nursing the Sick.” This article didn’t have much information about the roles of a nurse. It talked about the problems the patients have and how to cater to them.  The second article I chose had all I was looking for about the roles of a nurse, but not in Kenya. I didn’t stop there. I kept on with my research on EBSCO host and other resources for more information. I went through hundreds of articles, but I wasn’t successful with my research. I went to the librarians for help in finding the right article, but they didn’t find any. I decided to try searching with different phrases like “Nursing in Africa.” It actually provided me with two articles. One was “Palliative care in Africa.” It talked about how to provide equal care for the patients. The second one was “Roles of a Nurse.” It really didn’t have much information, but I felt that my quest had come to an end.
Then I went through all three articles and compared them with other countries like the United States and England. I came to my conclusion that Kenyan nursing is poor and it needs improvement by educating nurses and updating equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment